Job Title :Solicitor EU & Competition / Regulated Markets, Dublin
Our client a top tier law firm is currently recruiting a Lawyer to join their EU & Competition team in Dublin.
This position offers an opportunity to join a firm which offers excellent career development and progression opportunities along with a highly competitive renumeration package.
- Advising on EU and Irish merger control, as well as other regulatory approval processes, in M&A transactions across multiple sectors.
- Advising existing clients from across the public and private sectors on application of EU and Irish competition law to their businesses.
- Assisting clients in responding to regulatory/competition law inquiries including in response to enforcement action such as dawn raids and witness summonses.
- Advising businesses and senior executives on potential civil and criminal liability and prosecution risk for corporate crimes.
- Advising on EU State aid rules.
- Advising on Irish communications, broadcasting, and other sector specific regulatory regimes.
- Advising on EU law generally and international trade law.
The successful candidate will have:
- A minimum of 2+ years PQE with a particular focus on Competition, Regulated Markets, EU & Trade Law
- A strong technical and academic interest and ability in the area
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills
- Ability to exercise sound judgement and decision-making with an ability to push through projects
- Excellent organisational and prioritisation skills
- A high level of accuracy and attention to detail
- A strong interest in maintaining, developing and sharing relevant legal knowledge
- Have an excellent academic background
- Hold at least a 2.1 honours degree in any discipline
- Be qualified as a solicitor Ireland and / or England and Wales